With tremendous sorrow we share the news that our beloved Rabbi John Powledge passed away on Sunday, October 3rd.
All who knew John were deeply impacted by his love, his faith, and his passion for the Lord. He was a friend to all. He devoted his life to the work of the Lord, to reach the Jewish people, and most recently the people of Wichita.
Details for a memorial service in honor of John’s life are shared below.
If you wish to pay respects to the physical form/body, this is the time to do it. This will be the last time the body can be viewed.
Date: Wednesday, October 20th
Time: 2pm-8pm (Come and go – not formal)
Location: Resthaven Mortuary
Wichita, KS 67209
Date: Thursday, October 21st
Time: 1:30 PM
Location: Remnant of Israel Messianic Synagogue
3700 E Pawnee
Wichita, KS 67218
Notes for the Memorial Service:
The memorial service will also be livestreamed at www.remnantwichita.org/video.
Service is indoors. Face masks provided, but not required.
Celebration of Life Party
Date: Thursday, October 21st
Location: Old Cowtown Museum
1865 W Museum Blvd
Wichita, KS 67203
Notes for the Celebration of Life Party:
Food and drink provided. Primarily indoor space, but outdoor seating and space as well. Face masks provided, but not required.
For accommodations (hotel, car, airfare), Resthaven has its own travel service – Dignity Memorial Travel. You can reach them at 1-800-224-4177 Monday through Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM and Saturday from 10 AM to 2 PM. The code for the funeral home you will give them is 4071 and city and state is Wichita, KS. Wichita has direct flights to cities such as Dallas, Phoenix, Denver, Chicago, St Louis, and Atlanta. Wichita has the usual Uber/Lyft ride-share services as well. There are many good hotels and since the city isn’t too big there is nothing that is too far away from where the various activities will be. Discount prices for hotels range from Doubletree by Hilton for $135/night to the Howard Johnson for $55/night. All event locations are within 10 – 15 minutes of each other and the airport
Memorial Gifts and Donations
Should you wish to contribute in some way there are several options:
1) You can send flowers and cards to Resthaven Mortuary.
2) You can call Resthaven and pay part of the funeral expenses directly.
3) You can send flowers, cards, or anything else to Resthaven Mortuary
4) You can call Resthaven (316-722-2100) and pay part of the funeral expenses directly
5) You can contribute to the John Powledge Memorial Fund through Remnant of Israel Congregation using at www.Paypal.com or on the PayPal app on your smartphone. Simply donate to the email address: Paypal@remnantwichita.org . Make sure to select “Sending money to friends or family” and in the notes write “John Powledge Memorial”. Or write a check to Remnant of Israel and mail to the congregation address noted above.
Direct any questions to Russ Powledge (via Facebook). You can RSVP to him as well which will help with planning. Thank you.